29 July 2016 | ARTICLE
Since performing the first ever STOMP show 25 years ago at the Edinburgh fringe, the show has traveled around the globe, wowing audiences far and wide. We’re taking a look at some interesting facts about STOMP around the world.
- STOMP has been performed in 53 countries on 6 different continents.
- There are up to five STOMP companies performing worldwide at any time.
- There have been many special performances of STOMP across the globe including at The Oscars in 1996 and at the London 2012 Olympic Games closing ceremony.
- STOMP has been nominated and received theatre and film awards in numerous countries including the UK, USA, France, Germany and Canada.
- The show and its performers have featured in many TV adverts around the world including for JACCS and Toyota in Japan, Apples in Australia, Target Department Store in the US, Heineken here in the UK and Coca-Cola International.